Sunday, January 29, 2017

Chinese New Year

We're in the year of the Cock. Doesn't really do anything special for me since 1) I'm not Chinese, and 2) I'm the Snake. Still didn't stop me from celebrating by going out for Chinese food.



Rented Papa: Hemingway in Cuba, which was an interesting bio-pic about a journalist named Ed Myers who goes to Cuba to meet his idol, Ernest Hemingway. Apparently this was the first American film to be shot in Cuba in over 30+ years, so that's definitely something interesting to note.


I also read and finished The Pianist, which is the memoirs of Wladyslaw Spzilman who was the last composer to be heard over Warsaw radio before it was bombed by the Germans. This is an interesting story. I read it when I was 14 years old, but recently found it in my library and decided to read it again. It's truly an inspiring tale about the will to live, and the unexpected people and things that give us our will to live. 


Outfit details:: Jacket:: Old Navy; Jeans:: Old Navy; Thermal top:: Old Navy; Hat:: MyCokeRewards

X <3 O -M

No comments:

Post a Comment